Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 14 September 2014

September 14

”A hug is a smile with arms, a laugh with a stronger grip.”
Terri Guillemets
There is a special power in a physical and intimate connection with another human being. I used to think this only meant a sexual connection, but I am beginning to see there are many different shades of intimacy. I have been able to establish friendships with members of the opposite sex, without fear of attraction or crossing the line. At the same time, I have also been working on developing closer relationships with people of the same sex, and finally moving behind the casual into deeper connections where we can discuss very personal things.
I have many good friends now, and I have more and more opportunities to be hugged. There is a lot involved in a good hug, and I can sense the other person’s authenticity, caring, strength and love. I try to focus on similar things so that they are shared and felt by the person I am hugging. It is a transfer of energy, and a building of closeness. It is another reminder that I am not alone.
And even if I am alone, well, I can always hug myself. I experienced a workshop activity where I was given an opportunity to do some reconciliation with my inner child. During the process, because it felt like the right thing to do, I hugged myself and gentle caressed my own face and ran my fingers through my hair. It was a unique experience in taking the time to appreciate myself, and give some much needed self-care in a way I have never done. It was also a reminder that I need to love myself and take care of all my aspects, and that I don’t, and shouldn’t, have to rely on others to meet my needs all the time.

Affirmation
Intimacy is something that can be learned. I need to learn to be intimate with myself, and intimate in other ways than just sexually with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment