Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 30 December 2017

December 30

”A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.”
David Brinkley
How do I react to the criticisms of others? What do I do with those who try to pull me down, discredit me, or make me look bad? Do I retaliate? Do I cower and hide? Or is there another option?
I have spent much of my life lacking the self-confidence to stand up for myself, to defend my values and beliefs, to take charge when others have tried to bring me down. In truth, I believe that this was due in part because I did not have a good relationship with myself, nor with a Higher Power. Rather I lived letting others define who I was, how I should act, and determine what role I was supposed to be playing.
Life in recovery has begun to show me that there is another way to go through this world. Following the will of the God of my understanding provides direction for my life. It also provides support and helps me to ignore those who do not wish to see me succeed in life. I am beginning to understand that much of that criticism comes from jealousy, envy and others misfortune and not that of my own. People who are mean tend not be well in their own lives and seek to put others down in attempt to make themselves feel better. That is not how I choose to live. I can use that negative energy targeted against me as proof that I am going in the right direction.

Affirmation
Negative reactions to how I am living can be as important as positive ones to reinforce that I am doing the right thing. I need to also be cognizant of the source of those reactions to determine what I should do with the feedback received.

No comments:

Post a Comment