Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 20 December 2013

December 20

”When the road ahead is dark, And you don’t know where to go, Take another step, take another step, Trust God and take another step”
Stephen Curtis Chapman
The light at the end of the tunnel has not always shone brightly, if at all sometimes. There have been many times, in my active addiction as in my recovery, where the situation has seemed bleak and without much hope. The hardest thing has been to keep pushing forward, to trust that my Higher Power would take care of me.
Standing still does nothing to move me towards change. Many steps in recovery have been taken in blind faith, with the hope of those who have gone before me that it was the right thing to do. Leaning on other’s wisdom and advice has not come naturally, and surrendering my own will has not been easy. But I have made much more progress in changing my life and moving away from my past by allowing myself to be guided in this way.
As the Steps show me, turning my life and my will over to the God of my understanding is something I need to do in order to heal. This act of surrender frees me from the burden of guilt and shame that has kept me trapped for so many years. And it loosening the grip of my dark shadow makes taking each step that much easier.
Affirmation
“In God I Trust” is a good slogan to help me surrender my will and allow myself to be open to the guidance of my Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment