Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 9 June 2014

June 9

”Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.”
Marsha Petrie Sue
I do believe that each day is a fresh start, a blank page waiting for my story to be written upon it. When I make a point of remembering this it makes each day a part of a ritual of renewal and rebirth, a chance to start anew and to see the limitless possibilities which lay before me. There’s the important part, when I remember.
My downfall in this regard is simply routine. I am a creature of habit. I like to do the same things day in and day out. Trying to treat each morning like it’s the first day of the rest of my life is an attempt to break out of my mold, and to make every day a unique experience on purpose. This is not something that can be routine. It needs fresh, invigorating ideas and energy, a dash of naivety, and a bit of blind luck.
As I heard someone say, it is my attitude, not my aptitude, which will help me achieve my altitude. My perception, where I put my focus for the day and how I lay the foundation in those first minutes after I awake, goes a long way in setting the stage for what will follow. I need to make a concentrated effort to be in the moment throughout the day, and not just caught up in the flow of what is happening around me. Taking the time to fully experience moments during the day keeps me grounded and connected to my Higher Power, and strengthens my reserve of serenity and clarity.

Affirmation
There are things I can to in starting my day which will make it easier to have a good one. I will take the time to pray, meditate, and find the energy to see all the wonderful potential that awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment