Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 6 December 2014

December 6

”Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
Oscar Wilde
What does it mean to be myself? Who am I really? I think some days I am still trying to figure that out. The more I look inside myself, look at all the parts of me that have been tucked away to make room for my addiction, the less I think I know about myself. I have a multitude of defense mechanisms, of personas and characters that I have built to handle the various aspects of my life. There is the Work Persona, the Sports Persona, the Volunteer Persona, the Boyfriend, the Father, the Son, and the list goes on.
My challenge is to take each of these one at a time and study them. There are good and less healthy characteristics of each. Only by investigating why I have created them can I determine which core parts are worthwhile to keep, and those that I need to let go of. This is a continuation of my inventory work, to better understand and accept myself as I am. In doing so I am learning what types of things fit most naturally in my life, the core structure that I have built to accept and give intangibles like love, joy, sadness, reject, jealousy, or happiness. This structure was developed at an early age and unconsciously is how I tend to react in life. It’s only through exploration that I can see where I need to enhance this fundamental part of me to allow new things to fit into my life.
My Higher Power is wise beyond my understanding and I believe that I was given all the tools I need to accomplish the goals laid on the path before me. It is my responsibility to know what those skills and strengths are and to avail myself of them. And of course, to pray and meditate for the direction that I am supposed to take to employ them.
Affirmation
I am the one and only me. My most important challenge is to study myself so that I can be the best me possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment