Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 23 November 2015

November 23

”A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
I was reminded recently of how working my program on a consistent basis opens me to new insights. After attending a few meetings in close proximity, I uncovered a new perspective on this addiction. I have struggled a bit in the past as the professional community is pretty mixed on whether or not sex addiction is truly an addiction. But what I have come to realize is that it does not matter.
You see, being in my meeting rooms made me aware of how much wisdom is present in all of us struggling with this affliction. There is ample proof that we are ordinary people capable of great things and deep thoughts and reflection. Yet at the same time, we also struggle against something more powerful than us which occasionally takes away that ability. Call it an addiction or not, the 12 Steps and the program of recovery have worked for me, like it has and continues to work for others, to regain a sense of balance and normalcy.
This is why each day I make a promise to be in recovery. It is why I need to work my program, to pray and meditate, go to meetings, work the steps, reach out to members. It is why I need to do the other basic things in life like sleep properly, eat well, and exercise. It is also why I need to spend quality time with friends and love ones, play and have fun, and live in the present. These are all the components of my program, and if they do not come first, then there is something else waiting in the wings to fill in the time. That is my reality as an addict. Period.
Affirmation
My recovery is my own to define, to follow and it is my responsibility to maintain. Others can help keep me on track, but in the end I need to put in my own time, energy and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment