Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 26 August 2016

August 26

”Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.”
Andre Gide
Looking back, this was probably the aspect of admitting I had an addiction that frightened me the most – having to face it on my own. Discovering my S-group and realizing that there were others like me was a huge relief, even if I was nervous going to my initial meetings. I felt at home almost immediately and found a place where it was safe and where I could allow myself to talk openly and honestly for the first time.
I know that my recovery is my own journey, one that no one else can take. Yet at the same time, I know there is a great deal of support should I choose to avail myself of it. I am blessed to be able to leverage the strength, hope, experience and wisdom of others who have gone before me, or who are in the midst of their recovery like I am.
Recovery is no longer as scary an idea, even though I realize that it takes a lot of work and effort. That part is alright, even welcomed, as I would rather be putting my energy into activities that are making me a better person than those which were out to destroy me. Rather than merely existing moment to moment, I much prefer to be living life to the fullest.

Affirmation
I may need to recover on my own, but with the support of my friends in the program, I am certainly not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment