Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 3 February 2017

February 3

”Compassion is the antitoxin of the soul: where there is compassion even the most poisonous impulses remain relatively harmless.”
Eric Hoffer
I recall life in my active addiction, and that all too frequent feeling of being a passenger within my own body as if some other entity was in control. I can remember multiple occasions where I awoke from a trance-like state in the middle of acting out, without any clear recollection of how I got to where I was. I didn’t fully comprehend the grasp that those compulsive behaviours had on me, nor did I truly know how to stop them.
It was not until I found the rooms of my S-group that I truly began to comprehend my situation. Certainly one of the first things I noticed was the compassion and understanding present within all those occupying the seats around the table. I was finally surrounded by others who could relate, and for the first time in a long time, I did not feel alone.
It would still take a good deal of time within the confines of those rooms to free myself from the confines of my mind. Yet the support I received during meetings, in step groups, and back in the “real world” helped me along my path to resisting those toxic impulses. Even more amazing, I witnessed several times where the sharing of my own pain, and my resurfacing compassion, were of use to someone else struggling with this painful addiction. Life is truly amazing, thanks to my Higher Power.
Affirmation
There is a tremendous power in the compassion of the human spirit; I will be open to others in the program to help support me on my journey today.

No comments:

Post a Comment