Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 3 May 2020

May 3

"Distractions destroy action. If it's not moving you towards your purpose, leave it alone." 
Jermaine Riley
I am gaining more awareness of the activities that I use to waste my time, to escape from reality, to simply make the hours pass by me. This is more than simply procrastination, but a choice to avoid doing productive things, to stay away from those things that fulfill my obligations and responsibilities.

The other part of this awareness is working to keep my goals and my purpose in mind as I make choices throughout the day. Thanks to this extra time to pause and reflect, and the foundation of my program, I am choosing a path of growth which meets my responsibilities more often.

I recall an interview with astronaut Chris Hadfield, who at a young age knew that he wanted to become a space explorer. He clearly stated, that even from the young age, he tailored his life to make choices that only supported his goal, becoming an astronaut. I'll admit I lack that level of discipline, but I can admire that commitment. It does not keep me from striving towards such an ideal.
Affirmation
I will look to maintain a steady course in my recovery and make the right choices today.

No comments:

Post a Comment