Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 26 April 2013

April 26

Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.
Anonymous
I came to a realization recently that I was finding lots of ways to simply fill time. And most of the ways that I was doing it was not productive, useful, or supportive of my recovery. Spending time on the computer, in front of the tv, texting on my phone, or whatever else only succeeds in distracting me from the present. I don’t always need to be doing something, but all these time wasters have one thing in common – keeping me from living the life my Higher Power has set before me.
I have a couple choices, to spend my precious moments doing things that support my recovery and the new life I want to live, or sometimes to stop and do nothing and seek the guidance and answer from my Higher Power. Putting into action his plans, or praying and meditating for direction are much better options than simple trying to pass the hours of my life in meaningless gestures.
Life moves too quickly, and before I know it I too will shuffle off this mortal coil. The best gift I can offer to those around me is the time and influence I have had in their lives, the experience that I have shared with them, and the love I have shown. Facebook, Twitter or any other modern technology won’t replace genuine time with the people who really matter in my life.
Affirmation
I will consciously use the time granted by my Higher Power to do His will, to follow His way, and to spend the time with those who He also allowed to grace my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment