Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 28 April 2013

April 28

”Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation.”
Graham Greene
I recall a member sharing the idea from their therapist who said that someone in recovery needs to journal to make any real progress. Having written so many of these meditations, which are my own journal, I know that in my case this is certainly true. This is one of my gifts, and it is also one of the ways that I connect with my Higher Power and open myself to His will.
Having stepped back from writing for a couple months, I am once again learning to appreciate how much those 10-15 minutes each day mean in grounding me and providing me with insight into my own life and recovery.
So the trick here is for me to not ignore those things I do that support my recovery, that improve my conscious contact with God, but also to try not to overdo them so they become burdensome or something that feels more like an obligation. There is a balance to be sought among all the other things I am doing to live my new life.
Affirmation
Ignoring tools that work for me detracts from my ability to progress in recovery. I need to keep using what works, especially if it strengthens my connection with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment