Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 27 April 2013

April 27

A promise is a cloud; fulfillment is rain.”
Arabian Proverb
Days like today my life seems to be filled with nothing but clouds, all these hopes and dreams to be realized that are just out of reach, taunting and teasing me when all I want is just a few of them to come true, for it to rain. A cloud is a difficult thing to capture, to ensnare, or to tame. It has a form yet is somewhat intangible at the same time. Rain I can feel, taste, measure, experience and even save. A cloud is fleeting, only there for a short while.
My life needs fulfillment. Part of what I still struggle with is chasing the clouds that are part of the life my Higher Power wants me to follow. I don’t always do so well in distinguishing the His clouds from the ones that contain my more selfish desires and wants. This is when I need to slow down and seek guidance through prayer and meditation, talking with those like my sponsor who know me well and have been there before, to find the direction so I spend my energy on the right promises.
At the least, I need to remember to be thankful that there are a multitude of clouds in my sky today. It is much more pleasant than the raging storm that dominated for too many of my years as I lived under the reign of my addiction. I know there is a good life waiting for me, good things that will come, and that my patience and perseverance in doing the right things will bear fruit in time.
Affirmation
When all seems to be passing me by I need to quiet my soul and open my thoughts to hearing the guidance of my Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment