Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 2 August 2014

August 2

”It is not your job to make anyone happy.  It is your job to be happy.  Then you're in the perfect position to uplift everyone you meet.”
Alan Cohen
The more I find out about myself, about how I should be living, the more I discover that there is a lot of work involved. I need to be happy. I’m the one who needs to adjust their attitude. I have to lead my heart. I need to work my program. Me me me!
Ok, so maybe it’s not as bad as it sounds. Truthfully, I got into the many of the messes I did because I was not responsible enough for myself. I was trying to simply coast through life, leaving the worries and pressures to others or simply just running away. It was far from a mature way of living.
Life in recovery is a choice. Well, it’s actually a multitude of choices. And those choices are about being sane and sober, about being a better parent/partner/son/etc., and ultimately about being a better human being. So it is my job to be happy. It’s my job to lead my heart and to choose to love. It’s my job to turn the other cheek and to forgive. It’s my job to work my program and to live and breathe the Steps. It’s my job to have a positive attitude and outlook. These are the things I have committed to in becoming a better me. These are a part of my resolution to share who I am, my experience, strength and hope, with the world.





Affirmation
If I don’t take the step to make a change, to be positive, to be happy, it’s not likely that someone else is going to take it for me. I have to be the one to take charge and make life be a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment