Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 13 November 2017

November 13

”Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.”
Nico Lang
This evokes a strong reminder about some of my defects of character. Not to be stereotypical, but being a male and having been raised to believe that my emotions were not meant to felt, shared or expressed had some obvious effects on my emotional maturity. One of which has been that my coping mechanism has been to isolate, avoid and escape not only my feelings, but those of others. This has certainly created challenges in many of my relationships.
This is a growth area for me, one place where I need to recognize when I am withdrawing from the world and leading me to realize when I need to just be in the moment to experience my own feelings or to be there to support a friend or loved one in the midst of their own emotionally-charged situation. I have lost many relationships due to this lack of empathy and it’s a mistake I would rather not repeat.
There are many losses from my past that I may never rectify and relationships where the bridges may not be mended. I am working to maintain those relationships I have today which are important, nurturing and genuine to keep them around and to improve my relationship skills. Yet another place where my goal is progress and not perfection.

Affirmation
I will be open to recognizing those moments that make me uncomfortable, with myself or others, examine my emotions and take steps not to run away and to be there to support my own recovery and the lives of those who matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment