Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 23 November 2017

November 23

”Problems are to the mind what exercise is to the muscles, they toughen and make strong.”
Norman Vincent Peale
If I take the follow-on step to the quote above, then I believe that prayer and meditation are the exercise of the spirit, another aspect of our being which we need to maintain and strengthen. A big part of recovery for me has been bringing those three aspects back into balance – mind, body and spirit. Each has a purpose and unique job but I am not whole without any of them. Focusing on some very basic principles was a starting point as I pulled myself out of the pit I found myself staring out from when I first admitted that I had a problem.
Some of this is part of the oxygen mask principle that is part of a safety demonstration on an airplane – remember to put on your own mask before helping someone else with theirs. I need to start with the core aspects of who I am, my basic needs and ensure that they are being met, before I can venture out and start to help others. Considering my starting point from the depths of my addiction, it is not hard to see that this can take some time and effort. And some willingness and openness to be on the receiving end of a helping hand.
The good thing is that most of those acts of self-care I learned at a young age and the good habits can be re-established quickly. Others that may have been lacking, or never practiced, such as prayer and meditation, may take more involvement and dedication to establish into my new life. Yet like exercise, the more I do it, the more my spiritual muscles get used to the idea, and the easier and less challenging it becomes.

Affirmation
I will flex my spiritual muscles today, and find time for prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God, even if only a tiny bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment