Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 20 July 2013

July 20

”The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Destiny, fate, karma – these are still some concepts that I have difficulty in looking at. Was I destined to become an addict, was it fate that predetermined my path to get here? I used to question myself like this frequently in my early recovery. As I have grown in the program and rekindled my connection to my Higher Power, I have been less concerned about these ideas. I am happy turning my life and will over to the care of the God of my understanding. I trust that the path he has laid before me is a good one. And I guess if you want to look at it that way, it is a destiny of a sort.
The difference in this new way of living is that I am no longer trying to bend the universe to my own will. I no longer strive to have things my way, when and how I want them to be. I am no longer so conceited to see myself as the centre of it all.
Instead I am seeking to share my talents, my hope, strength and experience with others. I would rather serve others. I can still lead by example by do not demand to be followed. I seek forgiveness and compassion. I am striving to become the person my Higher Power had in mind, do to His will and to help others along the way. And that is indeed a noble pursuit.
Affirmation
I will ask for guidance today to see the path my Higher Power has lain before me and for the courage and strength to do his Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment