Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 7 July 2013

July 7

”Maybe there's more we all could have done, but we just have to let the guilt remind us to do better next time.”
Veronice Roth
I am redeemed. I am remade. I am worthy. I matter. I deserve goodness and to be happy. These are the small things that my Higher Power, through His grace, has given me and that I now hold in my possession. Not because I deserve them, not because I have asked for forgiveness, and not because I have made amends. I have all these gifts because I believe that He made me in His image, and that He gave His son to the world for all of our sins.
My views of perfection are changing. I want to be more like the God of my understanding, more selfless, fuller of unconditional love, and certainly more humble. I am learning the power to give, to forgive, and to surrender. I am starting to walk more like a child of God.
I no longer struggle as much to live by my own will and for my own desire. When I find myself faced with a tough decision, I am more likely to pray for the wisdom to find the path my Higher Power has lain before me. When I feel overwhelmed, I get on my knees and surrender, turning the situation over to His care. I am acutely aware that He can do things for me that I cannot do on my own. And I am happy be of service.
Affirmation
I will seek to serve today rather make demands; to follow rather than lead, to surrender rather than fight. It is the will of my Higher Power that keeps me sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment