Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 24 July 2013

July 24

”All glory comes from daring to begin.”
Eugene F. Ware
Sometimes my glory in recovery comes from daring to begin, to take a new step, to use a tool, or to reach out. Other times my success comes by daring to wait and postpone, to acknowledge a trigger or the pull of my addiction and hold off taking any action that would lead me toward my middle or inner circle. It still amazes me that I have gained this ability, the simplistic capacity to put aside my obsession for 5 minutes or a few hours. I still recall all too well the years where I scarcely thought of anything but sex.
It’s no small wonder the guidance of the program is laid out for us in steps. I couldn’t have seen tackling my issues any other way than one step at a time. It has felt less daunting and more achievable knowing that there is a method of concrete pieces that can lead me to serenity.
My life used to be focused on instant gratification. Sex was the predominant subject, but through introspection I know that many other aspects of my life sought to have m needs filled right now, the way I wanted it done. Recovery is about delaying satisfaction, about focusing on others, and certainly about learning to put the will of my Higher Power before my own ambitions. All this and more has come from my daring to say for the first time, Hi my name is Scott, and I am a sex addict.
Affirmation
In many small ways my recovery will show me new ways to live, new ways to handle life events, and different avenues to act and feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment