Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 4 July 2013

July 4

”Happiness does not consist in pastimes and amusements but in virtuous activities.”
Aristotle
There are days in recovery that I find it challenging to be happy, to feel true contentment for being here. These are days when I find myself at risk of hearing the voice of my addiction, the empty promises that seek to fill an unnamed void. It’s still frightening how a small seed of a thought, an act, or a hint of middle circle behaviour can float in and out of my day, distracting me and tugging at me, risking to pull me towards action inch by inch.
I need to get through days like this however I can. One trick is simply delaying taking a thought and making it a reality. Telling myself it has to wait until later can give me time for the power of the suggestion to fade. It also gives me the chance to do something else, like reach out, pray, or meditate to strengthen my resolve.
Even still, there are days like this that are a rollercoaster ride, a constant tugging up and down of my recovering self and the addict. I need to keep fighting the good fight. I also need to be willing, should I succumb to the pull and slip into old behaviours, to forgive myself and climb right back onto the path of recovery. I am only human after all.
Affirmation
In recovery there will be days that are harder than others, but I will continue to struggle against the current of my addiction which continues to lose its power over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment