Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 22 July 2014

July 22

”You may not control all of the events that happen to you but you can decide not to be reduced buy them.”
Maya Angelou
I recently re-watched the movie Forrest Gump, having not seen it in a number of years. If there is a lesson to be learned from that movie, it is to never settle for what anyone else thinks you are capable of. The main character of Forrest, while shown as someone mentally challenged, has a complete disregard for the boundaries and limitations that others want to impose upon him. Instead, he follows his instincts, naïve as they may be at times, but accomplishes great things without seeking to do so.
Life may not be quite that Hollywood-esque for most of us, but there is a good point here. In allowing others, or even myself, to put limitations, to listen to worries and fears, I reduce the chances I have to do great things. I believe that my Higher Power has given me the tools to do limitless thing, but I need to act upon that faith and not fall prey to my doubts.
There is opportunity in every situation. I never used to think that way, but was more in the company of accepting my lot in life, whatever happened was meant to happen. My outlook has changed as I have seen what I, and many others, have been able to achieve after having been through very dark and low places. I have seen how my weaknesses have been turned into my greatest assets. I choose to see life as endless possibilities rather than a predetermined fate. I choose to participate in life, regardless of what happens around me.

Affirmation
Every situation is an opportunity and I will look for them today, rather than resigning myself to fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment