Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 23 July 2014

July 23

”Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize.”
Elizabeth Harrison
Part of my transformation has involved re-evaluating the people who I have stayed close to since finding recovery. It helps to be with good people, those who are positive, who are making progress in their own lives, and who walk the talk. This applies to my “normal” life as much as it does to my recovery life. The more supportive my network of people, the better I set myself up for success.
This also means I need to take a hard look at myself. How well am I doing at being gentle with myself?  Or am I putting myself down for my mistakes, past or present? Am I focusing on the negative? Or am I actively seeking to build myself up with my thoughts and self-talk? How am I with others? Am I quick to criticize? Or I am quicker to encourage?
Many of the answers to these questions are within my ability to influence. I can choose who I hang around. I can decide the attitude I carry with me I can choose how I see the reflection that stares back at me in the mirror. These are all pieces of being in recovery, of uncovering the better person that lies within. It is about actively participating in the changes that I want to see in the world by starting with me, myself, and I.

Affirmation
I will do my part in making the world a better place today by being a better person, and portraying the qualities that I wish to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment