Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 24 July 2014

July 24

”A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful, than a life spent doing nothing.”
George Bernard Shaw
I cannot say that I have ever considered that there was honour in making mistakes. However, I do see Mr. Shaw’s point that making mistakes is more honorable than doing nothing at all. Life is not about mere existence, simply putting in the time allotted to oneself. Life is about experience, which means doing, and in trying, sometimes failing.
There is merit in doing nothing at all sometimes. There are moments when I simply need to disconnect from myself and the world around me. It is important to turn off all the distractions and simply be, just existing in the moment. It is something I don’t do often enough, taking a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday living. Meditation is one aspect of this pause in my program. I get other moments during the sharing portion of my meetings while waiting for others to share their own experience, strength and hope. Sometimes it is simply sitting quietly in a dark room or out in nature, being connected to the natural energies that surround me. Whatever the case, this is a grounding experience that allows me to purge thoughts and desires and reboot.
Reflecting in these times let me find wisdom, like the realization that mistakes are not inherently good or bad. They are simply part of the process of being human. I cannot always be right, or say or do the right thing. Errors are simply a point that allows me to evaluate, make corrections and adjust the course of my actions. They are a tool in helping me along my journey, not a roadblock which is trying to derail my plans.
Affirmation
I will not settle for simply existing. I will participate in life, and I accept that this means risking failure, but that does not make me one.

No comments:

Post a Comment