Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 16 June 2013

June 16

”Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.”
Proverbs 12:19
This quote is interesting, but I can relate to it better if I think in an opposing sense. Telling the truth takes but a single time, but telling a lie often starts in motion a story that must be continued without end, compounding lie upon lie to maintain the original. So indeed, truthful lips endure forever, because what is said is believed and is accepted. The lying tongue however has its work cut out for it, as many more lies will need to be fabricated to continue keeping the truth hidden.
Honesty is more than just telling the truth, it is also taking ownership of my deeds and confessing when I could easily omit letting others know what happened. The thing is, there are always at least 2 people who know anything that happens in my life, me and my Higher Power. So I really can’t say that no one else knows what has happened – the God of my understanding was right there with me.
 Secrecy has been the cornerstone of my addictive behaviour. Opening the shutters and letting the light of the truth pierce the darkness has lifted the veil of lies I hid behind for all those years. I no longer need to exercise my lying tongue, I am content to tell the truth and give my mouth some rest.
Affirmation
My shadow need not rule my life. Instead I can look towards the light instead of focusing on the deception that lies behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment