Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 20 June 2013

June 20

”If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up.”
J. M. Power
I can relate to feeling like I have only awoken since finding the 12-Steps and starting to come to terms with my addiction. Having lived under the influence of that obsessive and compulsive power for so many years, I was sleep-walking through life. It feels so much better to be taking a more active role in my life rather than submitting to an unknown and insatiable master.
This is certainly one of the many places where my Higher Power differs greatly from the many false idols I have worshipped over the years. The God of my understanding does not try to control me, makes no demands, and is always present to support me through whatever happens. I know that this power greater than me genuinely cares, and is not selfish and self-centered like my addiction.
I do feel like I have had a rebirth, been given a second chance at life. My continuing awareness allows me to connect with others, with the world around me, rather than trying to isolate and hide from everything and everyone. I am able to enjoy life and all its ups and downs, no longer content to walk around in the fog of addiction.
Affirmation
I will redeem myself through my thoughts and actions today.  I will re-dream myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment