Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 27 June 2013

June 27

”We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.”
Nelson Mandela
In my education of addiction, I have heard this disease referred to as an addiction of choice. That the chemical substance or behaviour affects those parts of the brain that control one’s ability to make choices, to recognize the consequences, and to attach proper emotions to our actions. As I believe this to be true, then it certainly sheds a new light on some of my past behaviours, especially the irrationality of many of the times when I acted out, especially those in times when things were going well in my life.
Gaining sobriety and serenity in recovery allows me freedom from the pull of my addiction to start making different choices. I need that respite to break out of the automated responses that put my addiction first and foremost in importance for my survival. This is challenging to explain to others, the fact that my addiction has hijacked my brain’s normal order of the things that are important for me to stick around for the next 15 seconds, pushing my drug of choice to the top of the list.
The 12-Steps are a path of new choices, a new power greater than myself that still allows me the freedom to make my own decisions and take appropriate action. Sobriety gives my brain the time to reset the equilibrium of the things that are most important such as food and shelter.
Affirmation
In order for me to have the time to do what is right, I must put my program first. In finding serenity within the Steos, I will increase my capacity to make better choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment