Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 17 January 2014

January 17

”Wisdom begins with the sacrifice of immediate pleasure for long-range purposes.”
Louis Finkelstein
There’s the truth of my addiction, all neatly wrapped up into one simple quote. Its goal is not wisdom, but chaos, as its focus is not on the long-term, but only the immediate pleasure. If this is what consumes me, then I will not succeed in achieving purposeful goals. My decisions will not be made to support a healthy path in life with great accomplishment. Rather, I will simply continue to exist between my periods of acting out and preparing to act out, driven by the guilt and shame that fuels the darkness within.
Sacrifice, this is a pretty harsh, brutal word. Yet I must sacrifice the instant gratification if I hope to find serenity and sobriety. If I don’t, then I will continue to sacrifice myself to my compulsive and unmanageable desires. The sacrifice to my addiction is a fatal path, of this I am certain. Sacrificing my addict, however, is liberation and an opportunity for a new life.
I am grateful that I have found SAA and the 12-Steps to help me begin making the sacrifice of surrendering my will and letting go of those immediate urges and cravings. It is neither easy nor obvious, but it’s a necessity for my own preservation.
Affirmation
I will seek my Higher Power in help me resist the immediate temptations, to ride out the wave of craving to the calmness that will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment