Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 2 January 2014

January 2

”One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.”
John Burroughs
There are days when even though most things have gone well, just a few episodes can seem to ruin a perfectly good day. It seems that communication is still a challenging area of my recovery. Sometimes I wonder if I have simply just missed the boat, that I wasn’t paying enough attention to those around me, and that’s why all of a sudden the ground seems to fall out from under me.
Recovery has taught me to be humble. It’s in these moments that I need to fight hard not to put myself on the defensive and become argumentative. Instead I need to be willing to take the first step and admit my faults and work to make things better. Trying to prove who was right or wrong doesn’t help me make my relationships better.
The small things are important, and these are the things that I missed first when I was in my active addiction. I was too preoccupied to notice all the small nuances in life as I was too self-absorbed. So I as much as it can be painful to have to deal with days like this, it is certainly better than the alternative.
Affirmation
Little things that go wrong are still important and need to be resolved. I will not ignore the small hurts that need to be fixed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment