Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 6 January 2014

January 6

”Difficulties increase the nearer we get to the goal.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
This is true in several aspects in my life at the moment. I see it in my workplace as my current project is heading to a close. Even with months of careful planning, trying to put a concept into place has met with numerous unforeseen challenges. It is also true in my personal life. It is true of my efforts to close a chapter in my life and to open a new one. It is also true of my venture to share my meditations with others.
In the past, finding the road before me blocked by an obstacle of any size would have been motivation enough to turn to the poor choices of my addiction. These days, there are moments when I feel that familiar pull, but only for a short while. Instead, I am more often full of the desire to overcome the challenge before me, to press on and to reach the goal that I have in mind. This to me is one of the best signs of the progress I have made.
Goals used to be something I set up so that I would have a reason to fail, and a reason to seek the solace of my addictive behaviours. I am thankful that they now serve a higher purpose, to push me further, to make me strive to be better, and to find solutions. And hopefully, this is all work to propel me along the path of my Higher Power.
Affirmation
Recovery is less about changing what happens around me, but how I react to it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment