Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 16 February 2014

February 16

”Failing doesn't make you a failure. Giving up, accepting your failure, refusing to try again does!”
Richard Exely
I’ve failed lots. I have failed in small ways, in medium ways, in large ways, and even in spectacular ways. Some failures were good failures, because they happened when I was working towards good goals. Many were not so righteous because of the end I sought. Worst of all though, are the times I succeeded in doing things that I should never even have attempted. Those are times that can haunt me, those five, ten or fifteen minute decisions that I can never take back.
Still, I am coming to terms with the idea that I am not a failure simply because I am imperfect and make mistakes. I do believe in the core of this quotation, that it’s only when I accept defeat that I have truly failed, when the goal is a healthy pursuit of course. Perseverance is required; I need to pick myself up, brush off the dirt, lick my wounds, and carry on with what I have learned in the attempt.
My life was empty and without any real direction when I lived either for my addiction, or to fulfill the will of others. It’s only when I am working towards goals that serve the purpose of my Higher Power that I actually get fulfillment. These are the things in life that matter, that give meaning to my existence, and will bring me joy and true satisfaction.
Affirmation
I can accept failure as part of the process of growing and changing. I will not give up on my core goals and beliefs, and trust that the process to get to the end is part of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment