Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 5 February 2014

February 5

”Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”
Matthew 7:7
Sometimes wisdom seems so easy when given to me, but so much harder to make a reality. I do believe that this quote is how my Higher Power operates. The reality is that I know the difficulties behind the words. To receive what I want or need, I need to ask the right question. To discover what I want or need, I first must know what it is I seek. To have opportunities and openings, I must know which door I need to knock at.
Added to this, is the distinguishing of want and need, of my will and desire versus that of my Higher Power. So, if these sayings are to be meaningful and bear fruit in my life, I need some wisdom first to seek answers to questions that are part of the plan from the God of my understanding.
The last component is to surrender. This means having patience to ask, and then be willing to leave the outcome in the hands of my power greater than myself. This means waiting for the answer to come in His time and way. And to hope that I am actually paying attention enough to realize that prayers have been answered.
Affirmation
Prayer can and should contain requests of my wants and desires, but I have to be patient for the response which may be realized when or how I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment