Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 9 February 2014

February 9

”Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes.”
Oscar Wilde
I have to be responsible for my own happiness. Expectations of others to make me happy, to fulfill my wants and desires, to comfort and console – all these divert control of my life to someone else and are doomed to fail. This is selfishness on my part, wanting others to act, usually only on my whims and unspoken wishes, to make my life easier.
I need to make sure I am working my program each and every day. I need to take care of my own needs through prayer and meditation and working my steps. I have to work at being present for my family, friends and brothers and sisters in the program. I need to take time to reflect, to ask for forgiveness for the wrongs I have committed to myself and others, as well as giving thanks for the wonders of the day.
There are also the mundane tasks of taking care of my surroundings – eating well, exercising, and getting a good night’s rest. It’s the whole package, mind, body and spirit. At the end of the day, it’s remembering to live according the will of my Higher Power. If I am being responsible for my own well-being, I am better positioned to be of service to others. That’s the goal of my selfishness, to be ready to be there for others to my fullest capacity.
Affirmation
I am responsible for my own happiness and for taking care of my needs. This helps me to be there to serve others and follow the will of the God of my understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment