Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 22 February 2014

February 22

”Few things heal wounded spirits better than the balm of a supportive embrace.”
Charles Swindoll
One of the powers of the program is the genuine support that is offered. I, like many others, have to come to think of my fellowship as a second family. It is a place of safety, security and comfort. There is always someone who is willing to listen, who won’t judge, won’t offer advice, but will simply be present and be there for me.
It is the strength of this group that has helped to mend my wounded spirit. It is through them, through their struggles, their honesty and their strength that I have found the courage to move in a different and better direction. I have found a place of warmth, of intimacy, that has embraced my brokenness and encouraged my hope to spring forth.
In healing my spirit I have found the will and the strength to help others in kind. I have a desire to share my recovery with members who, like me, suffer with this disease. I have the gift of this new found awareness and some humble beginnings of wisdom to nurture and encourage my brothers and sisters along their own journeys. My wounded past has turned from a weakness into a strength to allow me to embrace my friends in recovery.
Affirmation
My wounds will heal, and though there may be scars left behind, I can turn that healing into a boon for others who still suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment