Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 27 March 2020

March 27

”Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.”
Les Brown
I've been accused of being a manipulative individual, of using people to meet my own needs. While there is some truth to this, I am coming to see that it was me who was manipulated first and foremost by my addiction. Those compulsions and obsessions, the warping of my perspective of reality, these are what led to to believe in that false idol and all its empty promises. My thoughts and actions became twisted and tainted by the desires of my addict, that only sought to fulfill its own needs, at the expense of everything else, including eventually my own well-being. My addict was not a helpful symbiotic presence, but a parasitic one, devouring its own host for survival.

Life in addiction had limitations, because for the most part, the addict was controlling the strings. Life in recovery is returning control to me. In turn, I am making the conscious choice to turn my will over the the care of a loving, protective, and helpful God of my understanding. This is a path without limits, without bounds, with an endless horizon of possibilities and opportunities. 

Yet I can still feel like life is not limitless, I can fall back into the grasps of my addictive "stinking thinking that I am less than, not worthy, or any of the other put-downs that used to hold me prisoner. I am loved and lovable. I am beautifully and wonderfully made. I have a purpose. I matter. There are no obstacles that I cannot overcome.
Affirmation
Through turning my will over to my Higher Power today I shall reach further, climb higher, and be the best me that I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment