Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 31 March 2020

March 31

"In the struggle between the stone and water, in time, the water wins.
Japanese Proverb
I  have been known to be resistant to change. I have been like the stone, rooted in place, firm, and unmoving. Fear, anxiety, worry, anger, these were my shell, my defense, my excuse to avoid change. Or, to even admit that there was a need for change in the first place.

   That was then and this is now. The work I am doing in recovery, the path I am taking as I learn about and work the 12 Steps, continues to show me that I need to be open to change. I am spending time unlearning lessons from the past. I need to shed these old beliefs and habits so that I can make new for better, healthier ones.

    I am less like the stone and now more fluid like the water. I see change happening around me and to me, and I am more accepting of it. I am learning to accept that life is not rigid, but ever-changing, and this is what is normal. I am no longer inclined to try to freeze things to satisfy the needs of my addiction.
Affirmation
Changes are a natural part of the world; today I shall work at being flexible like water and not rigid as stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment