Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 30 March 2020

March 30

"I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.
Duke Ellington
I find this a fascinating concept - taking the energy that I might use to pout (or worry, or complain, or whatever else) and then use that to fuel an activity which is more productive. In fact, upon reflection, that is often the case when I write, especially these meditations. I was searching for a quote about grey skies when the above quote presented itself - why you may ask? Well, because I am currently feeling a little blue myself.

     Yet in spite of that feeling, I am channeling the energy into something creative. Using this space, the medium, to work through those grey feelings. I very often do not know what direction my writing will take me, but I have gained faith that this is a healthy tool of my recovery, and that my Higher Power has a strong hand in guiding the words that will fall onto the page. More often than not, the words have served as reminder to me months or even years later. There's little denying a divine purpose when these moments occur.

    Even better, although only minutes have passed since I began to write this meditation, I can already feel my attitude and state of being changing. I am more positive, I have a small sense of accomplishment of having created something useful. There is also a certain sense of victory for having faced my feelings but also having dealt with them in a constructive fashion. Just another step of progress along the winding road of recovery.
Affirmation
I can channel my negative energies into something positive, make a concerted effort to create something good out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment