Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 26 March 2020

March 26

”We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
When I look back at the years spent in the depths of my addiction, I find it hard to find any worthwhile goals or accomplishments that my addict was striving for. Rather, that period was really on focused on pleasure for pleasure's sake, for feeding the insatiable desires of my addiction. Anything outside of that was merely there to support the ability to continuing acting out.

     My horizons have opened now that I am in recovery. My program has granted me the clarity to see through the fog of addiction and realize that the world has so much more to offer. Even better, that there are many better ways for me to participate in this life and to use my skills and talents for the betterment of those around me.

     As a child I grew up with the belief that my parents wanted a better life for me than they experienced themselves. And as a parent myself, I believe the same, and that I would like to leave the world a better place than I found it. Through my new-found awareness and sense of responsibility, I have hope that the future will indeed be brighter.

Affirmation
I can look to the future and the improvements that I hope and dream for, that my Higher Power has laid before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment