Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 28 March 2020

March 28

"I should know enough about loss to realize that you never really stop missing someone-you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.”
Alyson Noel
Some days are easier than others. There are days where it's easy to focus on the present moment and all the gifts that have been offered to me. And there are others, like today, the evoke a strong sense of loss for something that is missing in my life, or something that was not meant to be. That hole can be quite gaping indeed.

     I used to want to run away and hide on days like this, like a turtle withdrawn into the protection of its shell. Simply to await the passing of hours into the next day so that all the bad thoughts and feelings might fade with the closing of the day. I have changed my approach, most times I surge into these moments of grief and loss to confront the feelings that I find. It's time for me to reflect, to write, and even to cry. But that's alright, this is normal. I am allowed to feel sadness, hurt, and loss. It's just part of being human. 

    What has made the difference? Mostly the fact that I know that I am not alone. I know in these times to reach out for support even more than I may normally need. I know to be gentle, and to give myself the time and space needed to process my emotions. Grief is no longer a tidal wave to crash into me and take me off solid ground. Yes the waves are still coming, but it's okay to get wet. True grief is only I sign that I have truly loved. And that is a blessing I shall always cherish.
Affirmation
Grief and sorrow are but a season, but one that I can face with the support of friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment