Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 1 May 2013

May 1

”The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy.”
William Ward Beecher
Ah, once again spring is in the air. I never get tired of living in a country where nature comes back to life after a long, cold winter. The rejuvenation that takes place all around is refreshing to the soul. It is a chance for a yearly rebirth and boost of renewed energy.
Yet spring also holds dangers. As the weather warms up, the layers of clothes tend to get fewer and thinner. It is certainly a more challenging time for wandering eyes. I have learned a few could tricks to help out, like having to find someone as the same sex to look at if I find myself looking to long at someone of the opposite sex. To ensure that I look at the whole person, especially their face and eyes, rather than obsessing about a certain aspect. I need to recall that these are real people, not objects of my fantasy.
The return of the warmth of the sun brings joy to my heart. Basking in the day’s glow reminds be to be happy and grateful to enjoy the world around me. It gives me more reason to get out of the house and walk, cycle or whatever to spend time in the great outdoors. I also feel more connected to my Higher Power when I can see, touch, taste and smell the wonders He’s put here for us to enjoy.
Affirmation
I come alive like the tulip rising in the spring. Rebirth is a part of the cycle of life and I am glad for the renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment