Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 22 May 2013

May 22

”Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them.”
Richard L. Evans
Certainly one of the areas where I need to make amends is to my children. They have been victims as much as anyone else in the aftermath of my acting out. None of it was directed at them, but they suffer the consequences nonetheless. Many of my decisions have had repercussions that they will only understand later in life, yet must live through now. Separation of their parents, moving, loss of friends, these are but a few of the things that they have had to deal with because of my behaviours.
I am so very grateful to be in recovery to have an opportunity to make things different. I now have the chance to be a better role model, to help break any bad habits or other behaviours that could lead my own children into addiction or some sort of dependency that I can pass on what I am learning through the steps to them much earlier. I know I shall not protect them from all harm, but hope that I can at least help build better defenses, and be more aware of danger signs than those who were closest to me in my youth.
Most of all, I can simply spend all the time I have to cherish and love them, to help them grow and guide them into being the wonderful people I know they will become. This is such a gift that my Higher Power has offered me and I am truly thankful for it.
Affirmation
I will not squander my second chance to leave a better legacy for my children, to raise them and help them overcome the damage I have caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment