Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 7 May 2013

May 7

”Still round the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate.”
J.R.R Tolkien
Life is full of surprises. As I am discovering, the more open I am to allowing my Higher Power guide my life, the more likely the unexpected seems to happen. It’s funny how this letting go tends to allow things to work out alright in the end, and often better than what I had imagined. For example, I was planning a trip recently and expecting a bonus to arrive to help pay for the travel costs. I had everything prepared, but my bonus was delayed. When it eventually arrived and I went to make my reservation, the prices had dropped, so I saved money in the process of things taking the time needed. Working on His time and not my own really can pay dividends!
Having the patience in situations like this is not always evident. It’s easy for me to want to get my own way, when I want (usually NOW!) Letting things unfold as my Higher Power has foreseen takes a good deal of faith, and even courage. It is still unnatural to not take control and make things happen. Yet the rewards continue to provide proof that this trust is well-placed.
The new roads and secret gates placed before me are mine for the taking, by not seeking them out but by allowing myself to discover them as my Higher Power presents the opportunities. I will continue to seek His will, his path for me and follow the signs to all the good things that are part of His plans.
Affirmation
In letting God work His plan for me, there are many great rewards if I am patient to let things unfold in their own time and way.

No comments:

Post a Comment