Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 11 May 2013

May 11

”The most beautiful people I've known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.”
Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
How much does that resemble me as a recovering addict, like many of the brothers and sisters that I have met? To have fallen into my own pit of despair and arisen anew, having reconnected to my Higher Power and my soul, I have indeed uncovered my own beauty. And how beautiful and strong do I find those like me who have overcome such terrible pasts to find a second lease on life.
Struggle, strife and hardship seem to be trials that push us to our limits and when we come out the other side we are better people for having made the journey. I am extremely grateful to have the aid of the 12 Steps to guide me along this new road. They have helped to clarify the path I need to take, and provided tools to help guarantee my success to continued sobriety.
My rebirth is a gift I am thankful for each and every day. I feel a responsibility to share my story, my strength, and hope with others that they may too find their way from their own tarnished past into the present. The program is a set of principles, a fellowship, and even a family all rolled into one. I know my Higher Power’s will is for me to help others find their way back into the light.
Affirmation
I am learning to find the positive in the struggles of the past, the strength to overcome, and the power that sharing my experience can have in helping others like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment