Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 8 May 2013

May 8

”If you can learn to laugh in spite of the circumstances that surround you, you will enrich others, enrich yourself, and more than that, you will last.”
Barbara Johnson
Laughter is part of the healing process. Life is too short to take everything so seriously. I need to remind myself that I am allowed to enjoy the world around me. Laughter is also a way to diffuse my grandiose thinking and bring me back to reality.
Sure, I can chose to keep it all in, bury all the emotions, good and bad, within me. And I can well imagine the person I would become over the years, hunched over, grouchy, alone, critical, moody, and simply not much fun to be around. It would be a way to endure, but I am not sure what the quality of life would be.
Rather I want to lead a life where I can express my feelings, be in touch with nature, make connections and develop relationships. Working my program is part of a path of enriching my own life rather than depleting it. And in following he steps I am gaining a new capacity to share and thus enrich the lives of others. Laughter is just one of those aspects that is returning to its rightful place in my myriad of positive behaviours and actions.
Affirmation
I can laugh, for a good reason or none at all. Laughter is medicine to help with my affliction as much as any other tool of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment