Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 17 May 2013

May 17

”Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do, but it won’t get you anywhere.”
Anonymous
One of the biggest shifts in working and living my program is the fact that I am trying to be in the moment. Not in the past, not in what happened an hour ago, a year ago or a decade ago. Nor in the future, what might happen later today, on the weekend or a month from now. The most important thing is right here, right now, this very instant.
Worry is a thief. It steals my energy, my concentration, but more importantly it takes away the present. It will certainly fill my time, and make me consider a number of things that will pre-occupy me, but it does not lead me to action. Worry is a master of inaction, very similar in that respect to fear.
Fear is conquered by courage. Worry is conquered by surrender and faith. By the belief that my Higher Power is holding me in His hands, that He knows what is best for me and will lead me along the right path if I trust and follow His direction. My task is to continue doing the right things, to work my program, follow the steps, reach out, pray and meditate. The rest will happen as He has designed.
Affirmation
I will be wary when my thoughts turn to worry and take me away from the present moment. I will keep surrendering myself to the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment