Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 10 March 2014

March 10

”We live in deeds, not years: in thoughts not breaths; in feelings, not in figures on a dial. We should count time by heart throbs. He most lives who thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best.”
Aristotle
Highly emotional settings are still a challenge for me. Weddings, funerals, large family gatherings and the like can situations that want to overwhelm me. It is a struggle to find balance and to have enough of my own space…or to have too much by isolating from others.
There is also the fact that some of these events can trigger things from my past like a failed relationship, someone whom I have lost, or some other significant happening. Any of these can take me away from the present moment. It may also be part of my grieving that is still not quite finished. Hearing words like “what God has joined, let no man break asunder” can take me back to feeling like I have not lived up to expectations. There are many challenges to my beliefs and morals, and I can find myself questioning if I have made the best decisions.
In the end I need t be aware of the state that I am in, and allow myself the time and space to feel my feelings, to just sit with my emotions and let them percolate through my system. They are there to be experienced and appreciated for what they are. I can recognize what they make me think about and what I am discovering in re-examining past events. This is all about getting to know myself better and become more ready to accept myself for all that I am.
Affirmation
When a flood of emotions is upon me, let me find the courage to let them flow through me and learn all that I can to love myself even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment