Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 28 March 2014

March 28

”Life’s a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow.”
John Michael Montgomery
I wish I knew more, that I had enough insight to know what the results of my actions will be before I make them. Unfortunately, I’m not a fortune teller, and like most people, I am stuck trying to make the best decisions that I can with what I know at the moment. Sometimes I do a good job, other times not so much. And so life goes, struggling sometimes to find the right path.
I am coming to believe that I have certain skills and resources that help in this part of my life. Letting go and seeking the will of my Higher Power and praying for guidance go a long way in making better choices more often. This also permits me the time to slow down, step back, and listen to my intuition, my “gut instinct” if you will. I am also more apt to seek other’s opinions and advice, welcoming comments and criticism of my plans.
I also evaluate my decisions. This lets me review events to seek improvements. In doing so I have learned that decisions made in for instant gratification are often poor choices. So delaying decisions that have a quick reward is a healthier option. Making decisions when there is a high level of emotions is also not usually wise, so instead I may write out how I feel or how I want to respond but review my message the following day before actually passing it along. This is part of my Step 10 work in taking stock on a regular basis of my behaviours, attitudes, and situation.
Affirmation
I may not have the confidence to make the best choices, but I am learning ways to make better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment