Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 17 March 2014

March 17

”Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
George Bernard Shaw
I remember seeing this quote around the time I started my first “real” job after university. I recall thinking that I was going to enter a workplace with a rigid structure, with set principles and practices, but that I wasn’t going to let them “break me.” By that I meant that the environment and rules wouldn’t stop me from challenging the status quo, or from looking at new or better ways to do things.
After more than a decade, I think I have still managed to keep the attitude, with maybe a little more tamed enthusiasm after coming to terms with the corporate mentality and reality that change tends to be slow. I have still had and taken the opportunities I have been able to be an agent of change and to push for things to be different. It still grates me to here “you’ll do it this way because that’s the way it’s always been done.”
I am grateful that this attitude also translates into my personal life, and my recovery. It is a driver for me to continue looking for ways to improve my program, to expand my horizons beyond what might be considered the “traditional” route. I firmly believe that there are many sources that can support my new ways of living, and that the 12 Steps can be worked into pretty well every aspect of my life.
Affirmation
Challenging things is a good use of my intuition and talents. Today I will not afraid to ask the question “Why not?”

No comments:

Post a Comment