Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 2 March 2014

March 2

”Every winner has scars.”
Robert N. C. Nix
Life events leave their traces on us. Some are good side effects that nourish and encourage us. Others are cuts, bruises, or worse that can diminish and hurt us. Some leave only superficial marks that wash away with a little bit of time. Others run deep and engrain themselves into a core part of our person.
I can look at any or all of these and rationalize them to motivate me to be a better person, or on the contrary, to let them hold me prisoner, a victim of coincidence or fate. Life is what I am here to experience. If I want to live a fulfilling life, then I have to accept that it is a full contact sport. To be fully engaged means that I risk getting hurt along the way.
I think those risks are worth taking. My time here is limited, and I want to experience as much of life as I can. I would like to have more good experiences than bad, but most of that is not there for me to decide. So I will look forward to all that fate has to offer as an opportunity, and leap at the chance to live 110%.
Affirmation
In risking to live, I risk getting hurt. But not risking anything, is only existing. I choose life.

No comments:

Post a Comment