Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 11 March 2014

March 11

”Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”
Abraham Lincoln
Happiness is another growth area. Life since finding the program has been a lot about dealing with the consequences of my past. Most of the work hasn’t been that pleasant, even if it has resulted in me carrying a lighter burden. Letting go of the past, making amends and other such growth activities are granting me the freedom to live a better life, but accepting the good things in it is still something to get used to.
It is one of my goals to remain positive, to see the good in all situations. Some days are certainly easier than others as there are still people from my past, around me in the present, that are stuck in what happened. I think my most challenging relationship in that aspect is with my ex, somewhat less for things that affect me directly, but more for matters that concern our kids.
Finding contentment each day can be a struggle. Allowing myself the right to enjoy life is part of being gentle with myself and not focusing on the things I can’t change. There are changings happening gradually to my inner dialogue that I am a decent person, that I deserve happiness, that I am worthy of the good things in my life. Like most things this is still a work in progress, a day at a time.
Affirmation
I choose happiness. I choose to enjoy the moment. I deserve the good things that happen. I choose life.

No comments:

Post a Comment