Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 14 May 2014

May 14

”Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
William Jennings Bryan
I think society is more and more goal-oriented and achievement focused. It is filled with people that are convinced that the more they do, the more they succeed, the happier and more fulfilled they will be. Maybe, maybe not, I am not so certain as I once was.
I think the 12-Steps have had a significant impact on how I define success and happiness. And I think the 12th Step is a big part, about sharing the message. That for me translates into service, its giving back, giving freely, giving of myself that makes sense to me as real success. My goal is not what I can accumulate, what kinds of trophies or recognition or material abundance I can obtain. It’s about how I can change and improve the world around me, the kind of legacy that I can leave behind, the mark that I can leave in society.
Still lofty goals, and still aims that require me to take an active role. But I think these goals align much better with the will of my Higher Power, that they focus on my giving rather than receiving. None of this will happen if I just sit around waiting. I accept the choice to give back now that I have a second lease on life, thanks to the 12-Steps.

  
Affirmation
I will examine my definition of success today and look at all the small ways I can be of service to others. That will make this a successful and memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment