Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 26 May 2014

May 26

”We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives, Its time for us to more than just survive, We were made to thrive.”
Casting Crowns
It’s taken finding myself in recovery to realize that I spent too many of my years simply existing. I no longer accept that as good enough. Simply passing from day to day is not what I desire. I find it hard to believe that my Higher Power, who created all the wonderful and beautiful things in the world, only wants me to go through the motions of life.
To thrive, to flourish, to quote Thoreau, to suck out all the marrow of life, this is what we are meant to do, how we are meant to spend our meagre time on this mortal coil. Many of the best poets and authors have found these small glimpses of truth. It is not the mundane day-to-day affairs that should be our goal, but to strive for the impossible, to seek the unreachable, to accomplish the unthinkable.
Today, this minute, this moment, is a marvellous opportunity and gift for me to make the most of, to seek the small nirvana that lies within it. There are only barriers if I choose to believe they are there, only fears to hold me back of my own doing. Life is too short to be wasted on mere existence, it’s time for me to live vigorously, thrive and prosper.

Affirmation
I am blessed by so many things, but the simplest is my life, with so much potential, in a world where anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment